BALANCE DAY SPA NEW ORLEANS – We all do it sometimes . . . . neglect the often small actions that we can take to make our lives better. Whether it’s due to system overload or confusion about what will actually make a difference in our lives, procrastination can leave us wishing that we had taken action. Take a look at this great over-all list of simple actions Balance Day Spa New Orleans found from the writers of Men’s Fitness Magazine to learn how some extremely small steps can make a huge difference in your life. (We’ve inserted some suggested products to help with some of these.)
Look & Feel Your Best — All Day! – Balance Day Spa New Orleans
10 grooming tips to help you stay at the top of your game
by Renee Marchione
- A smooth face doesn’t start and end with shaving cream. Use pre- and post-shave products. You’ll notice fewer ingrown hairs, less razor-burn irritation, and longer-lasting shaves.
- Dandruff isn’t a good look on anyone—especially men. Product buildup, a dry scalp, and even stress are just a few reasons why flaking occurs. Thoroughly rinse out your hair with specialized shampoos, and you can keep this problem under wraps.
- Since you’re already applying a moisturizer (right?) to your face, why not use one with SPF? Your everyday commute and dog walks can still cause sunburns, premature aging—and increase the risk of cancer.
- In their 20s and 30s, no one wants to look like Steven Tyler, so start taking care of your skin now. Sport sunglasses to prevent sun damage (and excessive squinting), drink lots of water to keep hydrated, and use eye creams to prevent premature wrinkling.
- Stop lugging around a shampoo, face wash, and body wash in your gym bag. Simply throw an all-in-one product in your bag or keep one in your locker, and you’re golden. An added bonus, everyone from Old Spice to Jack Black makes them.
- Gym rats and weekend warriors have all dealt with athlete’s foot at some point in their lives. Pack a pair of flip-flops in your bag to wear in the showers and around the locker room. Keep your feet clean and dry especially in between your toes. If you’ve already been infected, no worries—there are medicated powders and creams you can use to help heal.
- If you can smell your own cologne, you have too much on. Use a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol and water to gently pat over any areas where you may have OD’d on your scent.
- Those nose hairs that creep out every now and then may not bother you so much, but they will bother your girl. With so many tools available right at the drugstore (Remington Personal Trimmer, $10), there’s no longer any excuse for an extra-long hair growing from your ears and nose.
- Growing a beard? Don’t use bar soap to clean it. Unless you’re going for hobo chic, leftover soap scum will cause your to look dirty. Use a hair conditioner instead. The conditioner’s cleaning ingredients will wash away bacteria and instantly soften your beard. And always pat dry with a towel.
- A little hair product goes a long way. Want a shiny, wet look? Try using a gel product. If you want to sport a more messy, bed-head look, use a pomade to work through your locks.
Read the original article here.
At Balance Day Spa New Orleans, we’re dedicated to helping you feel fantastic every day. Visit Balance Day Spa New Orleans for advice on the most effective products and techniques to keep you looking and feeling great!Tags: gel product, post-shave products, Human Interest, face wash, steven tyler, added bonus