February 28, 2011
February 23, 2011
Two out of three women say they have fragile, intolerant, reactive skin. While thin, fair skin is more prone to hyper-reactivit no skin type is safe from the problem of reactive skin. As a top day spa in New Orleans, Balance Spa is proud to offer a solution for sensitive skin.
PHYTOMER’S DESENSITIZING DAY SPA TREATMENT
When sensitive skin is overexposed to common aggressors, like sun and aggressive exfoliation programs, boosting the skin’s natural defense mechanisms is imperative, otherwise inflammation and irritation take over. This facial treatment blends ultra-gentle marine extracts to calm the skin and stop reactivity in its tracks. Skin prone to allergies, sensitivities, and sunburn will be neutralized. Finally! A peaceful day spa solution available from Balance Spa and Fitness New Orleans.
The SCIENCE behind Phytomer products:
Skin sensitivity can be caused from heredity or external factors such as sun, pollution, cold, fatigue, stress, aggressive skin care, surgery, etc. Driéline is an extract from a purified yeast membrane. This polysaccharide from the B-1 glucane family is in all the home care products listed below. It protects and reinforces the epidermis’ natural defenses by stimulating the Langerhan cells, fighting free radicals, soothing the skin, and reducing inflammation. Increases hydration and regeneration of the skin by increasing collagen and elastin synthesis.
Phycossachareide Anti-Inflamation® available at your day spa, Balance Spa New Orleans, have these great benefits:
1. Immediately soothes the skin
2. Stimulates defense resources
3. Repairs damaged tissue
Tags: home care products
, Health Medical Pharma
, PHYTOMER’S DESENSITIZING DAY SPA
, skin sensitivity
, tissue Balance Spa's Desensitizing Facial
, defense resources
, natural defense mechanisms
February 14, 2011
BALANCE DAY SPA NEW ORLEANS – We all do it sometimes . . . . neglect the often small actions that we can take to make our lives better. Whether it’s due to system overload or confusion about what will actually make a difference in our lives, procrastination can leave us wishing that we had taken action. Take a look at this great over-all list of simple actions Balance Day Spa New Orleans found from the writers of Men’s Fitness Magazine to learn how some extremely small steps can make a huge difference in your life. (We’ve inserted some suggested products to help with some of these.)
Look & Feel Your Best — All Day! – Balance Day Spa New Orleans
10 grooming tips to help you stay at the top of your game
by Renee Marchione
- A smooth face doesn’t start and end with shaving cream. Use pre- and post-shave products. You’ll notice fewer ingrown hairs, less razor-burn irritation, and longer-lasting shaves.
- Dandruff isn’t a good look on anyone—especially men. Product buildup, a dry scalp, and even stress are just a few reasons why flaking occurs. Thoroughly rinse out your hair with specialized shampoos, and you can keep this problem under wraps.
- Since you’re already applying a moisturizer (right?) to your face, why not use one with SPF? Your everyday commute and dog walks can still cause sunburns, premature aging—and increase the risk of cancer.
- In their 20s and 30s, no one wants to look like Steven Tyler, so start taking care of your skin now. Sport sunglasses to prevent sun damage (and excessive squinting), drink lots of water to keep hydrated, and use eye creams to prevent premature wrinkling.
- Stop lugging around a shampoo, face wash, and body wash in your gym bag. Simply throw an all-in-one product in your bag or keep one in your locker, and you’re golden. An added bonus, everyone from Old Spice to Jack Black makes them.
- Gym rats and weekend warriors have all dealt with athlete’s foot at some point in their lives. Pack a pair of flip-flops in your bag to wear in the showers and around the locker room. Keep your feet clean and dry especially in between your toes. If you’ve already been infected, no worries—there are medicated powders and creams you can use to help heal.
- If you can smell your own cologne, you have too much on. Use a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol and water to gently pat over any areas where you may have OD’d on your scent.
- Those nose hairs that creep out every now and then may not bother you so much, but they will bother your girl. With so many tools available right at the drugstore (Remington Personal Trimmer, $10), there’s no longer any excuse for an extra-long hair growing from your ears and nose.
- Growing a beard? Don’t use bar soap to clean it. Unless you’re going for hobo chic, leftover soap scum will cause your facial hair to look dirty. Use a hair conditioner instead. The conditioner’s cleaning ingredients will wash away bacteria and instantly soften your beard. And always pat dry with a towel.
- A little hair product goes a long way. Want a shiny, wet look? Try using a gel product. If you want to sport a more messy, bed-head look, use a pomade to work through your locks.
Read the original article here.
At Balance Day Spa New Orleans, we’re dedicated to helping you feel fantastic every day. Visit Balance Day Spa New Orleans for advice on the most effective products and techniques to keep you looking and feeling great!
Tags: New Orleans
, sun damage
, gel product
February 10, 2011
TLC Massage 50 minutes: $105, 80 minutes: $135, 110 minutes: $170
Be ultra good to yourself or your loved one with this combination of Swedish, Aromatherapy and Deep Tissue Massage. This is just the TLC your body needs to fight fatigue and restore vitality.
*Add a complimentary Sea Foam Revitalizer Treatment if you choose
Couples Delight 50 min: $80 per person, 80 minutes: $110 per person, 110 minutes: $145 per person
You and your special someone will melt away as you enjoy a classic Swedish massage together in our couple’s treatment room. Improve circulation, ease muscle aches and relieve tension with this flowing, moderate pressure massage.
*Add a complimentary aromatherapy enhancement if you choose.
Radiance Facial 50 minutes: $90
Go from dull and sallow to bright and refreshed with a customized facial. This treatment will focus on the specific needs and concerns of the skin, including clarity, texture, elasticity and firmness. Leave glowing and hydrated after this facial treatment.
*Add a complimentary hand exfoliation if you choose.
Romantic Manicure 30 minutes: $20
Romantic Pedicure 30 minutes: $35
Nurture your nails with a warm soak, cuticle treatment, light massage and polish or buff.
*Add a complimentary aromatherapy enhancement if you choose.
Loews New Orleans Hotel, 8th Floor
300 Poydras Street
New Orleans. LA 70130
Tags: spa services
, sea foam
, pressure massage
, nail services
, day spa
, facial treatment